Pages

So excited I finally figured out how to make essentialist curry!...



So excited I finally figured out how to make essentialist curry! The issue is that every curry recipe online assumes a base of puréed & sautéed onions and garlic. But I don’t eat onions and garlic! After a lot of research, I figured out the common denominator. From an international perspective, curry is essentially a flavor combination made by throwing in every spice in your cabinet! But *mostly* cumin first, and turmeric second. I think if you just make any random sauce and unload a fuckton of cumin in it followed by turmeric, it will taste like curry. Then you just add whatever this-and-that to further flavor it how you want. Totally easy and wicked cheap! For this particular dish I’m eating now, the next ingredients are salt, Better Than Bouillon, coconut oil, almond butter, cayenne, chili pepper, and a bunch other random warming spices I have on hand. This changes everything! N❤ note: My curry flavor bias, i.e. What I was going for, is Japanese #kareraisu with a Thai-like kick. This totally does it! #curry #curriedrice #vegan #vegancooking #noonions #noonionnogarlic #neurotoxinfree #vegansofig